fredag 29 februari 2008

From the shelf #2



Perfect friday entertainment! I got to write a note about that one of my favorite sit-coms have a new DVD out. That's right. Vince and Howard's third season of The Mighty Boosh (wikipedia article). I discovered this last year and I'm so in love with it. The first season was promising, the second is absolutely fantastic. The third doesn't beat the second series, but it still is pure magic, The Crimp can be their best episode ever, where Vince finds his style copied by another man (it also features a hilarious cameo by Gary Numan). The Mighty Boosh have found it's way to my personal top5 sit-coms of all time (together with Father Ted, Fawlty Towers, King of The Hill and Arrested Development).





The next book I'm going to read is definitely this, Gender On Ice by Lisa Bloom, a must-have for all of us pole-eccentrics. This is a book about Culture Politics based on the ideologies and climate about "gender, nationhood, the politics of imperialism, race, male homosocial behavious and the sociality" at the big polar expeditions (early 20th century) - questions that of course are big subjects of discussions today as well.

Inga kommentarer: