söndag 16 mars 2008

White Brus



As I mentioned in last blog, I was recently re-introduced to a guy I've been in touch with years ago. Back then I was singing in Swedish and did horrible music while he made about as great music as now, though maybe slightly simplier. Delicate but rough electronica. I suggested to do music together back then and he was quite interested in that but nothing came out of it. Some years later we both played at Arvika Festival 2005, but didn't meet then. Now when we finally got the chance to hang out thanks to Helena who I wrote about in last post, I can say that Andreas Wallgren aka Brus (Noise) is one of the friendliest persons I know (and as always I measure friendliness in amount of beer given to me without claiming something in return).


* We talked about doing music together around 2000. Last weekend me met for the first time, how long do you think it will take before we make our first rehearsal?

Let's hope it won't take another seven years. Perhaps this summer?


* How would you describe your music? Could you mention some of your influences and what are your closest plans for the future?

My emotional output, and being overly full of positive and negative feelings I'm glad to release them sometimes. My most important influence would probably be OMD. They've meant a lot to me. My closest future plan is to release a CD album in late summer, most likely on my own label. The CD has already been offered distribution and promotion in the UK, so the preparation is hot.


* I'm currently very much into electronica and techno with DiskJokke and Justus Köhncke amongst my latest discoveries. Any of your favorites?

I haven't heard any of them, but I look forward to further introductions to them, Thomas. I myself is pretty badly little up to date with electronic music nowadays, and I often enjoy the same CD:s for years. As for electronica goes, I'm very fond of Autechre.


* You were played in BBC recently, what's the story about that?

The producer of the show contacted me and asked me if he could feature my song in his show. Later on I got to know that he'd heard my stuff through his girlfriend who was actually and old fan and friend of mine.


* Do you also have the feeling that we're two sides of the same coin?


Yes, and that coin is one of those collectable ones, and it's not one of those national coins. We really should duplicate a bunch of them.

Inga kommentarer: