torsdag 26 juni 2008

Best of 2008

Halfway through 2008, there have been some really good cds coming out this year.
These are my favs of this year.

Top 5 (in no particular ordeer)



Fuck Buttons - Street Horrsing
marvelous indie/noise/postrock, very distinct
in all it's droneness. Tribal shouts!



Bon Iver - For Emma Forever ago. Subtle and slightly
psychedelic folk, but very minimalistic. Lovely voices.



Cat Power goes against common artistic progress and
after more than 10 years in the biz she makes her two
best and most interesting albums, this year's Jukebox
and last year's The Greatest



Fleet Foxes - s/t. Like a meeting between My Morning Jacket
and Akron/Family. I couldn't imagine any finer describtion of
a band.



Justus Köhncke - Safe and Sound
Slick and warm disco from Germany. The guitars
in Feuerland are just perfect.


Just outside...



My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges



The Kills - Midnight Boom


Blast from the past - newly discovered



2006's solo outing for Jason Molina, the album
Let me go, let me go, let me go is such a great album.
Would've made it into my top10-list if I just bought
it in time.


Honorable Mentions
...and some friends who made really nice albums this
year.



Charlee Porter - s/t



Björn Kleinhenz - Quietly Happy and Deep Inside



Bobby and Blumm - Everybody Loves

Inga kommentarer: