söndag 13 april 2008

The original Topeka Twin - Björn Kleinhenz (On Tour)




Björn Kleinhenz is a Swedish indiepop artist that I came across in the beginning of this century. I think we started to noticing each other when getting our first stuff reviewed at the same places. Later we formed the duo The Topeka Twins and made a couple of shows and a mini album on vinyl (I Never heard her sing). After releasing two cds in less than a year around 2003-2004, it has been a long wait for the brand new "Quietly happy and deep inside" , from what I heard (although I haven't heard all songs yet) is sure to be both Björn's best and one of the finest things to happen this year. In May, Björn will go on a 2½ week long tour on the European mainland with a full band.



Björn Kleinhenz - Quietly Happy and Deep Inside (2008)


08 may - Din Nye Ven, Copenhagen (DK)
09 may - Fundbureau, Hamburg (DE)
10 may - AZ Mühlheim, Mühlheim a.d. Ruhr (DE)
11 may - TBA, Groningen (NL)
12 may - TBA, Nijmegen (NL)
13 may - Schlachthof, Wiesbaden (NL)
14 may - D:Qliq, Luxembourg (LX)
15 may - Mariaberg, Rorschach (NL)
16 may - Kaserne, Basel (CH)
17 may - KIFF, Aarau (DE)
18 may - Chelsea, Wien (AT)
20 may - Stereo Wonderland, Köln (DE)
21 may - Forum, Bielefeld (AT)
22 may - Römer (TBC), Bremen (DE)
23 may - Magnet, Berlin (DE)
24 may - UT Connewitz, Leipzig (DE)

I also met Björn on a cup of coffee last week, also did a small interview. Be sure to visit his myspace-profile and website.


Björn, I think you're Sweden's best male pop artist and you're touring a lot in Germany. How come you're doing so few dates in Sweden, aren't we good enough for you?

of course you are. I just love germany so much and after all it is quite hard booking a full tour in sweden. it..s small compared to germany I guess. plus I'.m half german so I have to make a choice now don..t I.


One of my own proudest moments in my musical carreer was when we made the Topeka Twins' mini album 2003. What's your favorite memory from our duo?

I still have a very vivid memory from the song take of "diana" when we sang in the same microphone in one take and you kept creeping up from behind for your parts. I really liked that.



The Topeka Twins - I Never Heard Her Sing (2003)


You got your new album "quietly happy and deep inside" recently released. What can you tell about it? What can we old time fans expect from it?

a good strong album with a wide variety in song material and production. well worked through and dense. I hope...


You name-dropped me in a song, what's the story about that?

hehe. that song was written the day before I met you the first time. I think we had been in touch over email or so before and then you were coming down to meet up and I wrote that song the evening before. it's a song about two people being in love for the first time.

Inga kommentarer: