tisdag 25 november 2008

The Wolf is in



A couple of weeks ago, I got in touch with the Gothenburg musician Anna Von Hausswolf who is doing very sincere and minimalistic piano based music. I also notice one of my favs Joan as a Policewoman writing a very raving comment on Anna's myspace-profile so I had to have a chat with her. Also, of course hear her music such as the lovely song "singing from the grave" there. Apparently more songs are on their way too, why a revisit soon is strongly recommended.

* Anna, thanks for the cd you sent me. I think it's really nice. How long have you been doing this kind of music and how would describe it?

-I think I've been doing this kind of music since I was a child, but it ain't until now that I find myself comfortable with it. I would describe my music as a very dramatic expression which is changing depending on my mood. It is warm and cold, intense and soft. I like to express myself in many ways, so I think variation is a key.

* I heard you've made a show in Frankfurt recently, and now you made a concert in Gothenburg's house of Bamboo - Kontiki. How was it?

-The concert in Frankfurt took place at Städelschule, the academy of art, and it was arranged by my sister( who is a student there). It was a big hall with a lot of candles, and I didn't need a microphone because the acoustic was fantastic(the audience as well)!!But my most important gig was the one here in Gothenburg at the small tiny house of bamboo-Kontiki. That was my first solo concert where I could perform to my closest friends. They really make me want to play more.


* What's your favorite album of 2008?

-My favourite album of the year 2008 must be Fleet Foxes “Fleet foxes”. Their music is magic, and I just love them!


* And which are your nearest plans for the future musically?

-I want to continue to experiment with my sound and my voice. I want to write more music, work with good musicians, and make a lot of concerts.



Inga kommentarer: