onsdag 10 december 2008

According to the accordionist




My friend Kristoffer Hedberg recently released his second album "Ett helt vanligt ögonblick" consisting of Swedish-spoken acousticdriven pop and troubadourism. The album features guest appearances by big names in the Swedish pop genre such as Peter LeMarc and Lasse Lindh. I was happy to get invited to contribute with something and I chosed the accordion which I play on the song "I haven't felt the heat". Kristoffer is currently promoting his album but also reveals that he has a followup-album in mind already that he hope to get out before the end of 2009.


So Kristoffer, how would you describe me as an accordion-player?

I would describe you as an exquisite accordion player. With a huge amount of fragile feelings in his style of playing. You gave the tune "I haven't felt the heat (älskar, äskar inte)" a french touch. If you imagine yourself at an amusement park i France during the 1920s, if you do that you know which feeling I mean.




Cheers mate, it was a pleasure. What's your thoughts about the new album of yours? Can you tell me a little about the topic and musicians?

I'm very pleased that I've finally got the album out. After almost two years of hard work. There's been a few bumps on the road such as a hard drive failure etc. I think that musically I've taken a further step since the debut in 2006. The arrangements are bigger and better. It's called "ett helt vanligt ögonblick" ("a regular moment", maybe that's a bad translation), my attempt was to catch all these moments that all the time passes us by and collect them and put them in to a prison called "ett helt vanligt ögonblick". I don't know if these moments enjoy to be locked into this CD but that's another question. When you read this text a moment has passed, when you listen to the CD a moment has passed, when you write songs you try to catch the moment, simple as that.
.

Inga kommentarer: